Having a lot of followers on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram is terrific for growing awareness, but these sites should just be part of your marketing mix.
Don’t count on social media to get a message out. Post something on Facebook and only about 2% of the people who like your page will see it in their feed.
Send out an email and almost everybody you send it to will see it in their inbox.
It makes sense to have a plan to grow your database – it’s a pro-active way of reaching out.
Using software like MailChimp or Constant Contact, you can automate the process of collecting email addresses online by using a link you generate from the software. Do it manually and you’ll be spending time cutting and pasting.
Here are 5 ways you can grow your database online:
1. Drop that signup link in your email signature. Each time you send an email to someone new, you have an opportunity to grow your list.
2. Use a pop-up or dynamic form on your website. Sure, they may be annoying to some, but you can’t argue with the effectiveness.
Rather than ask people to sign up to your email list, mention the value, whether it’s your unique perspective on the market, early access to listings or information about local events.
3. When you send out an e-mail campaign or monthly newsletter, make sure people have an easy option to forward the email to a friend – a gentle nudge or suggestion is sometimes all it takes. Include a ‘sign up’ button and you may have a new subscriber.
4. Use social media to grow your list. On Facebook, you have a “call to action” button on your business page. It’s at the bottom right hand corner of your banner photo. Drop in your signup link and they can sign up for your mailing list.
Include this link on any social media platforms that you use, including your Instagram bio and on LinkedIn.
5. Posting your newsletter on social media with a call-to-action such as: “Would you like to have this delivered right to you?” Paste the sign-up link in the caption.
If you have any questions about how to get set up or would like to discuss the different options available, please get in touch!